Salt & Light Nonviolence Partners
Salt and Light
CONFRONT VIOLENCE WITH POWERFUL NONVIOLENCE.
DEVELOP INTERNAL RESOURCES FOR THE LONG HAUL.
TAKE A BIG NEXT STEP IN YOUR LEADERSHIP.
Join SALT AND LIGHT, an intensive Nonviolence Leadership Training and Development program, October 2010-May 2011
SALT AND LIGHT supports leaders and communities who want to grow strong enough to challenge violence, racism, and poverty
using active nonviolence.
15 'You are the salt of the earth; but if salt has lost its taste, how can its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything, but is thrown out and trampled under foot.
SALT AND LIGHT is based in Kingian nonviolence, the methodology developed by Martin Luther King, Jr., and his colleagues in the US Civil Rights movement.
OUTCOMES TO EXPECT
- More powerful organizing about violence and justice in your community
- More access to spiritual power in your leadership
- Opening 5-day training (Oct 28 - Nov 1, 2010, Harrisburg, PA)
- Six monthly Nonviolence Leadership Training calls,
- Readings, challenges, and one-on-one coaching to support each month's work.
- Culminating 4-day training in May 2011.
APPLY IT BACK HOME RIGHT AWAY
Use the program to catalyze or strengthen initiatives in your own community.
- Make plans and get support for organizing in your own community
- Learn from contemporary and historical nonviolent social change efforts
- Develop your perspective on faith-based nonviolent leadership
- Develop a plan to keep you grounded for the long haul
Attendance at "You Can't Stop the River", October 28-31, 2010, Harrisburg, PA. Salt and Light Participants stay in Harrisburg through Monday, November 1, 6pm, for Salt and Light Briefing and Orientation.
Download "You Can't Stope the River" registration form
Total cost: $550 for up to 3 people + travel & housing during two retreats. Scholarships and payment plans available; contact us!
- Young Peacebuilders
- Social Change