Counter Recruitment Organizing Packet
On Earth Peace's Organizing and Outreach packet is intended as an introduction to the work of counter-recruitment and truth-in-recruiting, especially developed for those working from a Christian faith basis. It includes:
- A sampling of 15-20 of the best resources (leaflets, ideas, handouts, comics, etc.) currently offered by our partner organizations in the counter-recruitment movement.
- Faith resources including a DVD on faith and military recruitment, a letter inviting on congregational leaders to get involved, activities for a youth group to use to begin thinking about issues of military recruitment and faith commitment, and a brief theological reflection on the work of counter-recruitment.
If you are just getting oriented or even if you've been organizing for a while, this sampler is a great source of ideas and inspiration.
Order the packet, for which we ask a donation of $10 plus $3 shipping; or order the faith and militarism DVD alone for a $3.00 donation. To order, contact Matt Guynn by e-mail or by calling 765-962-6234.
You can also download On Earth Peace's core documents from the packet directly from this page!
Download one file including twelve pages of core documents in PDF format:
PDF files can easily be viewed and printed on any computer with Acrobat® Reader installed. A free version of Acrobat® Reader can be downloaded here.
Download the individual components in PDF format:
- Cover Letter
- Letter to Pastors/Lay Leaders and Youth Group Session
- On Earth Peace offers
- Orientation: Who does counter-recruitment and basic thoughts on how
- Ten Ways to Get Started
- Theological reflection on counter-recruitment (for more theological reflection)
- Alternative Guidance Counselor Position Description
- Youth Work
- Social Change
- Faith Legacy
- Ways to Give
Related Items: World Peacemaking
Gathering of the Church of the Brethren in North America
June 29, 2013 to July 3, 2013
Charlotte, NCUnited States
"All God's Children Got a Place in the Choir" Family camp featuring Brethren musicians and storytellers
July 6, 2014 to July 12, 2014
Inspiration HillsBurbank, OHUnited States