Faith, Family and Finances
How to Live Faithfully Within Your Means and Keep Peace in the Family
This workshop is for anyone who is currently experiencing financial challenges, who anticipates they might be in the future, or who ministers to those who are struggling - in other words, everyone!
Keep your lives free from the love of money, and
be content with what you have; for he has said,
"I will never leave you or forsake you."
- Hebrews 13:5
As Christians, our faith tells us that Christ is always with us, even during times of crisis. When there's an illness or a death or a natural disaster, we draw strength from our faith as we reach out to our families and our faith communities with love and support. But what about financial crises? Often, money matters are considered too private to share, even within our own homes. Then, when there's a job loss or other financial disaster, we suffer in silence or, perhaps worse, lash out at the ones whom we love the most.
In this workshop, we will acknowledge the important role money management plays in our lives by speaking openly about how to live within our means. And we will work through ways we can actively love each other as we face the unique challenges that financial crises bring.
- to communicate openly, honestly about finances
- how your values help you make financial decisions
- how to set goals that help you to live comfortably within your means
Half-day, full-day, and weekend retreat options are available.
- Youth Work
- Social Change
- Faith Legacy
- Ways to Give
- Conflict in the Family Workshop
- Deacons as Leaders in Times of Conflict Workshop
- Faith, Family and Finances
- Healthy Congregations
- Holiday Survival Toolkit
- Peaceful Family Playshop
- Keeping a Cool Head in a Hot Meeting
- The Matthew 18 Workshop
- Consensus Decision-Making
- Matthew 18 Training for Trainers
- Meeting Facilitation
- Ministry with Difficult Behaviors
- Training for Shalom Teams
- Training for Church Leadership